The Texas School Coalition exists to ensure Texas public schools can provide every student an excellent education, local decision-makers have meaningful discretion over local funds, and the school finance system balances sustainable state and local investments in the best interests of students and taxpayers.
- Safeguard the right of local boards to have meaningful discretion in their stewardship of local funds, both M&O and I&S, that meet the diverse student needs in each district and protect the interests of taxpayers.
- Maintain, grow, and leverage relationships with like-minded public-school advocates and local and state elected officials.
- Educate community members and taxpayers at large regarding school finance and the needs of students and schools.
- Achieve a funding system for public schools that provides adequacy, capacity, and sustainability.
- Advocate for investments in Texas public school students that will increase the state’s national standing in per-student expenditures and academic performance.
- Strengthen our voice in the formulation of future policy decisions.
Click to download a PDF document stating the TXSC Priorities for the 86th Legislative Session