We work with our local elected officials and state legislators
The Texas School Coalition represents the voice of all Chapter 41 districts at the state and local levels, making sure your elected officials, decision makers and the media are aware of the important issues affecting Chapter 41 students, families and teachers.
Our long-term legislative goals include:
- Create a funding system for public schools that provides adequacy, capacity, and meaningful discretion.
- Provide and protect the right of local boards to have meaningful discretion in their decisions and actions, including the retention of local funds that meet the needs in each district.
- Secure a renewed commitment from the State to public schools.
- Support an open, transparent legislative process.
- Secure a place in discussion and formulation of future policy decisions.